We are 42 Weeks and 1 Day as of today to be exact and I have been running to the doctor’s office or the hospital every day this week. 15 days overdue and I’ve had 3 non-stress-tests done and 2 membrane sweeps and we haven’t gotten very far.
My cervix is soft and I’m 1 cm dilated since about 3 days now. Non-Stress-Tests show that baby’s heartbeat is perfect, baby movements are perfect but still lots and my blood pressure is perfect but we don’t have any contractions or what so ever … no signs of labor getting started.
So yesterday, my doctor and I talked about my options. Either we wait and give her some more time and just have daily check ups or he can call right this moment for an induction. Yes, I want her out… by now I’m just really exhausted and tired of being pregnant, BUT I also just want the best for the baby. So if she needs more time, then I want to give her as much time as I can. So we decided that we’d wait a few more days and just make sure everything is alright.
Today, I’ve been checked again and there was no change at all. The doctor said that if there is no change by Monday, he WILL have to call in for an induction and it will most likely be on the same day.
I’m really torn and not all too happy about this. Yes… I know it can be bad for the baby if she’s too long in there but I really wanted to go into labor and birth naturally and who tells you how long is too long?
I’ve been reading up about induction a lot and what I’ve been reading is mostly bad. Contractions would be worse and on top of each other, leaving no room for the baby or me to relax in between and leaving the risk of baby ending up with breathing problems or heart issues and bowel movements in the womb?! Also I read that most of the induced women have to have a c-section, which also wasn’t anything I wanted … Not sure if this is so true, but it’s sure frightening.
I probably shouldn’t read up on things like that, so I won’t scare myself too much, but I just can’t leave it alone. I always want to know everything about anything.
Just that, as a little update on how things are looking right now. The hospital that can do inductions and c-sections is a 2 hour drive away from us. The hospital in our town doesn’t have a surgeon. If I will have to be induced on Monday, I probably won’t be writing any more blog posts till we’re back and settled.
Wish me luck.